Career Objective: Business Automation through
Analysis, Program Management, Technical Research, and Software
Development Skills and Technologies
- Windows: C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, IIS, MS-Office, SQL
Server including the use of cursors within stored procedures, API calls,
extensive use of code to manipulate SQL.
ASP.Net, SQL Server, ASPmail, Web Services
- Multiple Client/Server database projects completed
for Northrop Grumman, T Rowe Price, Baltimore Spice, and others.
- Internet projects completed for Baltimore Spice,
- Routing of database forms from person to
person, department to department using email.
- Employee signatures, Sign-offs, using Windows
logon API calls, or, for the internet, cookies.
- Document routing using business rules for
rapid review, approval, and processing.
- Baltimore Spice Purchase Order application
allows for paperless procurement.
- Additional information located at: http://www.steverutz.com/Workflow.htm
- Account Summary, and Detail reporting using
MS-Access, Excel, Crystal Reports, XML, XSL
- Reconciliation applications
- Filter/Sort, Slice & Dice reporting dialogs
using VB or C# to manipulate MS-Access or Crystal Reports
- Custom built CRM Management Applications/Databases
and Workflow Systems
- Database replication and synchronization for remote
Advertising ( like
APICS certified CPIM
Dale Carnegie Course in Human Relations
Spanish Language Study 1992- 2000
Developer/1099 Contractor, October 2003 - Present
- Completed Crystal Reports with slice and dice
options using C#. Background in business was critical in aiding an
Architectural firm to migrate from a Fox Pro based accounting system to
- Completed a Bill-of-Material application for constructing packing lists
using C#, XML, XSL
- Completed MS-Access/SQL Server (adp) application
for a Toyota distributor in Glen Burnie, MD
- Completed a web site: http://www.completeairfilter.com/
Software Developer, Spice and Seasoning Company,
February 2000 - August 2003
as the company's sole software developer, and technical guru responsible
for business analysis, technical research, problem definition, and
resolution to include interaction with ERP, and software vendors.
- Created a workflow system to approve purchase
orders, to process product development requests, and to resolve problems
with material. Employees are selected for the workflow to review,
approve, or process a request based on document attributes like sales
territory, requestor’s department, etc. The document routing ensures
that each selected employee receives notification by email to act on a
document. User sign-offs are indicated using the user Windows Logon, or,
for the internet, a cookie.
- Created Sales and Accounts Receivable reporting
using MS-Access, and SQL Server. An object-oriented approach allows
users to create a myriad of reports from a single dialog that allows for
filtering, sorting, selection of summary field headings, and an option
to include details that explain summary calculations. Summary options
include yearly, monthly, and weekly time buckets.
- Created a VB.Net application, CostCalc, to assist
product technologists in creating new product formulas, and to aid them
in formulating FDA compliant labels. This application adds, and removes
columns – a task well suited to ADO.Net., and the Data Grid control.
- Created a VB.Net application to email customers
sales order confirmations. The email contained a sales order link to a
ASP.Net web page to display the order details. The email also contained
a marketing piece created in HTML effectively using the sales order
confirmation as advertising space.
- Created a commodity tracking
ASP.Net that hides certain columns based on user profile.
- Created a PO Requisition system utilizing XSL and
XML constructed by an ASP page to dynamically sort, and select web page
- Received notification of application errors using a
Web Service that emails the error messages.
- Created applications that schedule delivery, create
reports, and email them to selected recipients.
- Created client/server forms
that display inside of email, and connect to a database using a Web Service.
to T. Rowe Price, Acuity Technology, November 1998 - February
Responsible for the business
analysis, and software development of 401(k) related applications in
support of marketing operations and customer service groups. Enhanced
reporting capabilities, and data entry validation for the Traffic
Coordination department whose mission is to track 401(k) plan ‘kits’
through design, printing, collation, and mailing. A MS-Access database
provided the basis for tracking 1500 kit types on behalf of 250 clients.
Data entry screens were designed using an object-oriented methodology. A
filtering dialog was constructed for each data entry screen to filter
and sort data, and to access reports. Created a MS-Access database to
track TRP users and clients accessing a CAIS web site. Reconciled
MS-Access data with a Lotus Notes’ database using the Lotus Notes’
to Northrop Grumman, Sycom, Inc., March 1997 - October
Developed the following
applications to support semi-conductor fabrication using MS-Visual
Basic, MS-Office, and 3rd party software tools: a sales database to
track customers, orders, purchase orders, and production lots; a lot
tracking report using a combination of mainframe and MS-Access data; a
calibration database to report equipment requiring re-calibration.
Contributed to the expansion of other databases to include: parts pick
lists, wafer mapping, routing documentation, ISO9000 requirements.